If you’re expecting packages or mail from Canada Post today, you are going to have to wait a bit longer.
Canada Post announced on Monday that a “red service alert” has been issued, meaning delivery services will be suspended across the province for the day.
The alert was issued because of ongoing poor air quality conditions as a result of the forest fire smoke coming up from western United States.
“The safety of our employees is our number one priority,” said Canada Post in a media release.
“Delivery will resume once it is deemed safe to do so.”
The following regions will not have deliveries today:
1. Central and Southern British Columbia
2. Metro Vancouver area
3. South Vancouver Island (Duncan, Sidney and Victoria)
4. North Vancouver Island (Campbell River and Powell River)
5. West Vancouver Island (Courtenay, Nanaimo and Port Alberni)
6. Okanagan Valley and Similkameen regions (Kelowna and Penticton)
7. Kootenay regions (Cranbrook, Castlegar, Nelson and Trail)
8. Thompson, Nicola and Fraser regions (Vernon and Kamloops)