A high-performance Lamborghini seized last year after an alleged street racing incident involving a number of expensive vehicles has been sold but the fate of three other seized vehicles still are in dispute with the owners.
Phil Tawtel, acting executive director of B.C.'s Civil Forfeiture Office, said Tuesday that the Lamborghini was sold by mutual consent with the owner.
No price for the exotic vehicle was released by the Civil Forfeiture Office, which said disclosing the price "could jeopardize the ongoing forfeiture negotiations."
Tawtel said three of the five vehicles seized last year are still in dispute and court cases are pending.
But he noted that the Civil Forfeiture Office had ceased its legal action against one of the pricey sport cars after "additional information came to light while the cases were ongoing."
Last August, police impounded 13 flashy cars a Ferrari, three Lamborghinis, three Nissans, two Maseratis, two Mercedes, an Audi and an Aston Martin after they were observed driving at speeds upwards of 200 km/h going south from Richmond on Highway 99.
Witnesses said the cars were driving side-by-side and would slow down traffic so others in the pack could race ahead.
At the time, RCMP said the drivers 12 men and one woman, many from Richmond were all under the age of 21, and six still had their novice driver's licence.
One driver did not have a B.C. licence, and was using a foreign licence, police said.
Just one driver was the registered owner of the vehicle he was driving.
It was later discovered that a plan for the alleged street race was hatched during a meeting in Lansdowne Centre parking lot.
The Civil Forfeiture Office applied to seize five of the vehicles, alleging they had been used for a criminal purpose excessive speeding.
In 2010, a $235,000 Ferrari impounded after a street race that reached speeds of 200 km/h was forfeited under the Civil Forfeiture Act.
Click here to read more stories from the Vancouver Sun.