A barn with 12 sides known as the "Ewen Cattle Barn" or the "Keur Barn," built in 1893, was unfortunately lost in a windstorm in 1999.
A photo from 1987 of the barn was recently posted by the Friends of the Richmond Archives on Facebook.
The unusual shape was "representative of a time when agricultural practices in Europe and North America were undergoing reform through mechanization," reads the post.
This design was intended to make farming more efficient.
Before the barn was blown down, it was the focus of a heritage preservation effort.
The barn, close to the LaFarge plant near No. 9 Road, was built by cannery owner Alexander Ewen from red cedar logged in the Lower Mainland.
The barn could hold 100 cattle at a time, and at one point the farm was the largest beef producer in B.C.
The barn was used for cattle until the 1970s.
For more information about the Ewen Barn, check the post from the Friends of the Richmond Archives.