Have you been reorganizing your home during the pandemic?
With Netflix shows dedicated to “editing” and “zoning” your living spaces, and many finding that their home is now also an office or school, it’s no surprise that many locals are trying to make room. The tricky part is recycling and freeing yourself of the things you no longer need.
That’s where local junk removal company 505-Junk comes in.
“Now more than ever, we want to support the community as a whole while doing what we do best—helping de-clutter and remove junk from your homes,” says 505-Junk. “In order to make junk removal more affordable during these challenging times, we have waived our pick-up fee for all Richmond residents.”
For the month of October, they’re waiving their $79 pick-up fee for all Richmond residents. As long as pick-up items are located outside the home or inside the garage, you only pay $0.29 per pound with no minimum weight charge.
While regular surcharge rates apply for certain types of material, the pricing includes all labour to load materials, transportation and disposal fees.
It’s just the latest nod to helping the community in our greatest time of need. The team at 505-Junk also volunteers at local high schools, supports the Triangle Beach cleanup initiative, and as received a few nods from the Richmond Chamber of Commerce for their efforts to support the community.
“Our mission is to help you and your family regain space in your home,” says 505-Junk.
To make that process easier for you, here are answers to common questions clients often ask them:
- What do you take? We take furniture, electronics, appliances, construction debris, yard debris, and more. Call us to discuss what you would like removed, and we will be happy to give you a quote.
- Do you recycle? Yes, we always do our best to recycle material whenever possible. This includes wood, metal, electronics, cardboard, and so much more.
- Do you load the material? Yes, we do all the loading and lifting for you—just point to what you want gone, and we’ll take care of the rest.
- How many people would come to my house? A truck team of two is sent to every pick-up.
- How do you weigh material? Each of our trucks has Measurement Canada certified scales built right into them, which allows us to weigh your material right onsite.
- Is there a minimum or maximum amount of material you can take? We have waived our 200-pound minimum charge until October 31st, and we do not have a maximum amount. For example, 250lbs at $0.29/lb would cost $72.50 + GST.
- How do I schedule a pick-up? Call 604-505-5865 or book online at 505junk.com/RichmondCleanUp; we are open 7-days a week to assist you.
We are all united in our efforts to keep COVID-19 at bay. Here are 505-Junk’s policies that they have put in place to help keep their team and community safe:
- Sanitization and handwashing:The interior of every truck is cleaned after servicing each client. Cleaning stations are provided in every truck, and employees are washing hands before and after every pick-up.
- Masks: Truck team members are equipped with a mask for every pick-up.
- Physical distancing:All material must be located outside (front yard, backyard, or in a garage) to take advantage of the promotion. The team and clients maintain a 6 feet minimum onsite. If you require a pick-up inside your house or apartment, please call them.
- Contactless payments:Credit card or e-transfer payments are made securely over the phone with head office.
To book your pick-up with 505-Junk or receive a free quote, please call 604-505-5865 today. You can also book online at 505junk.com/RichmondCleanUp using promo code RichmondCleanUp.
“Let’s do our part and continue to recycle together,” says the 505-Junk team, including Alex Elsey, Barry Hartman, and Scott Foran