More doses of the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine will be heading to pharmacies in Richmond and across the Lower Mainland for people aged 55 to 65.
The BC Pharmacy Association said Thursday that more supply of the vaccine has become available.
Vaccines are expected to arrive as early as Monday and people can look to book appointments for next week.
“The new doses means thousands more people in the 55 to 65 age group will receive their vaccines in the coming days,” said Annette Robinson, president of the BC Pharmacy Association.
The new supply is being distributed to an additional 375 pharmacies in the Vancouver Coastal Health and Fraser Health regions, according to the BC Pharmacy Association. There are now 488 pharmacies in the Lower Mainland that will be able to provide shots.
Of those pharmacies, 25 are in Richmond. Previously, only three pharmacies in Richmond were listed.
If a pharmacy offers online booking, people are asked to try to book an appointment online before calling, according to the BC Pharmacy Association. Drop-in service may also be an option at some locations.
People must bring their personal health number with them.
Richmond pharmacies offering COVID-19 vaccinations
- Ackroyd Pharmacy, #160 – 8100 Ackroyd Road
- BioScript Pharmacy Ltd., #180 – 13151 Vanier Place
- C.R.C. Drugs, 1008 – 8181 Cambie Road
- Continental Pharmacy, Unit 1196 – 3779 Sexsmith Road
- Costco Pharmacy #054, 9151 Bridgeport Road
- HealthPlus Pharmacy***, 4115 No. 5 Road
- Loblaw Pharmacy #1557, 4651 No. 3 Road
- McCue Pharmacy, #100 – 8120 Cook Road
- Minoru Pharmacy, #102 – 7380 Westminster Highway
- Park Pacific Pharmacy, #2260 – 3700 No. 3 Road
- Pharmasave #022, #1103-8, 3880 Grant McConachie Way
- Pharmasave Health Centre #038, #116 – 10151 No. 3 Road
- Pharmasave Steveston Village, Unit 105 – 12420 No. 1 Road
- PriceSmart Foods Pharmacy #2274, 8200 Ackroyd Road
- Regency Medicine Centre, Suite #100, 6091 Gilbert Road
- Save-On-Foods Pharmacy #2252, 120-12088 3rd Ave
- Save-On-Foods Pharmacy #969 – Ironwood, Suite 3000 – 11666 Steveston Highway
- Save-On-Foods Pharmacy #971 – Terra Nova, 3673 Westminster Highway
- Shoppers Drug Mart #0228, Suite 380 – 9100 Blundell Road
- Shoppers Drug Mart #0237, 2286 – 6060 Minoru Blvd.
- Shoppers Drug Mart #2109, #100 – 7820 Williams Road
- Shoppers Drug Mart #2237, 11800 Cambie Road
- Super Grocer & Pharmacy, 12051 No. 1 Road
- Wal-Mart Pharmacy #3652, 9251 Alderbridge Way
- Wellness Pharmacy No. 4, #115 – 6180 Blundell road
A full list of pharmacies providing the AstraZeneca vaccine in the Lower Mainland can be found on the BC Pharmacy Association’s website. The list will be updated as the vaccine becomes available at more pharmacies.
Meanwhile, anyone who is 72 (born 1949) or older in the Vancouver Coastal Health region, can book an appointment through VCH's call centre. Indigenous peoples aged 18 and older can also book appointments through the call centre.