Skip to content

Fire-Rescue called to put out kitchen fire in Richmond home

Make sure smoke detectors are working and be present while cooking: Richmond Fire-Rescue Chief
Richmond Fire-Rescue helped put out a kitchen fire on Friday afternoon.

First responders were called to the Hamilton area on Friday afternoon to put out a kitchen fire. 

No injuries were reported and the fire was contained to the kitchen area of the house, Richmond Fire-Rescue Chief Jim Wishlove told the Richmond News.

Richmond RCMP and Fire-Rescue were spotted blocking westbound traffic on Westminster Hwy in the area as they tended to the fire.

Although the whole house didn't burn down, it will be some time before the residents could move back in again, Wishlove said.

He added that it is crucial for preventing house fires that community members make sure their smoke detectors are working and change the battery regularly. They should also be present and not leave the kitchen unattended while cooking.