In this week’s print edition of the Richmond News, we published a 32-page special section called Best of Richmond, where local businesses and services were voted for best in category by you, thereaders. (Digital version available here https://issuu.com/richmond-news/docs/rmdthu20200924bestofrmdfeature)
You will also see profiles of some of our city’s finest folks, from the worlds of business, sports, the arts, first responders and volunteering.
Lily Yuan is the founder of Children's Theatre of Richmond and is an award-winning art teacher.
Her producing credits include Disney's Aladdin Jr at the Gateway Theatre (2017), Disney's Little Mermaid Jr at the Massey Theatre (2018), Disney's Beauty and the Beast Jr at the Norman Rothstein Theatre (2018), Rodgers and Hammerstein's Cinderella at the Granville Island Stage Theatre (2019), and Peter Pan Jr. at the Norman Rothstein Theatre (2019). In 2017, she received "Vancouver's Outstanding Woman Award" for donating her time to build the youth theatre organization. In 2018, the Business Development Bank of Canada featured Lily for creating a professional theatre group for youth actors and local theatre artists.
- 1: What do you like best about Richmond?
Love the food.
- 2: How do you stay healthy in Richmond?
Buy from the local farm market!
- 3: What's your favourite sliver of nature in Richmond?
I love the Finn Slough.
- 4: What song best describes Richmond?
I can't think of any song at this moment.
- 5: Where in Richmond do you like to take out-of-town guests?
I like to take my guests to Hu Jiang restaurant, a local Chinese eatery, to treat them with king crab.
- 6: Is there an adaption to COVID-19 that's been made you'd like kept. (i.e, working from home, one-way traffic in Steveston, automatic walk signs)
Yes. I have been working from home since March and I would love to keep this trend.