As part of a new series, the Richmond News will be out and about checking on businesses in the city which are opening, closing or for sale.
To kick it off, we put one foot in front of the other this week and walked the streets of Steveston Village.
And at Richmond-News.com, we want to update the list as much as possible, so if you think we have missed something, we’d love to find out. Email us at Acampbell@Richmond-News.com.
Next week, we’ll visit some of Richmond’s most popular shopping malls, including Richmond Centre and Lansdowne Centre.
- Anar Persian Cuisine: Formerly Adorabelle Tearoom at Steveston Court House (12051 Third Avenue, adjacent to Buck and Ear pub). It’s being renovated right now and will open soon says the owner.
- Xyclo Bistro (Vietnamese restaurant): Just reopened at Bayview Quay (at the corner of Second Avenue and Bayview Street) after moving from Moncton Street.
- Meow and Bark pet store on Moncton Street is moving June 26 to the space close by that used to be occupied by Hunnis.
- Steveston Optical has just moved from its Westminster Highway location to #110-12211 First Ave in Steveston.
- Hunni’s Marketplace (clothing store): Closed down last month (at 3900 Moncton Street).
- Essence Aromatherapy: Closed last month (at 12420 No. 1 Road, close to Moncton Street).
- Waves Coffee House: Up for sale for $428,000 (at 120, 12231, First Ave.).
- Saigon By Night (Vietnamese restaurant): Up for sale for $129,000, according to Remax Realty (at 12251 No. 1 Road).
- Steveston Village (Vietnamese restaurant): At 12480 Number 1 Rd.